25th Sunday In Ordinary Time, September 24, 2017
Online Giving is now available at San Isidro!
Free Hurricane Irma - Home Cleanup Hotline Available Now
Call 1-800-451-1954 for free help from local relief agencies
Media Contact: Aaron Titus : 202-669-2969 or firstname.lastname@example.org
From now through September 30, 2017, several relief agencies are staffing a free hotline for debris removal and home cleanup after the recent severe weather.
This hotline will connect survivors with reputable and vetted relief agencies that will assist in [chainsaw work, debris cleanup, and mucking out], as they are able. All services are free, but service is not guaranteed due to the overwhelming need.
FEMA Individual Assistance steps for homeowners
- Apply to FEMA by calling 1-800-621-3362 (1-800-621-FEMA) or online at www.disasterassistance.gov or visit a Disaster Recovery Center (DRC).
- For hearing impaired individuals, call TTY at 1- 800-462-7585.
- For 711 OR Video Relay Service (VRS) call 1-800- 621-3362.
Be prepared to provide proof of residence, such as a copy of utility bills, driver’s license, etc. Also, please have ready your Social Security Number, insurance information (home, flood, auto, renters), and household income information. After the President makes a Disaster Declaration for Individual Assistance, you will have a limited amount of time, 60 days, to apply for assistance from FEMA.
You can find additional information at: www.disasterassistance.gov or by calling 1-800-621-3362 (1-800-621-FEMA).
Message from our Pastor, Rev. Wilfredo Contreras
As Pastor of San Isidro I would like to share this information with you about our new Parish Finance Council which has been in existence since July 31, 2017. I hope it will be a great blessing, as it will help us to secure the well-being and future goals of the Parish.
The Parish Finance Council
The mission of the Finance Council is to serve as an advisory board to the Pastor regarding the management and administration of the parish assets so that our parish mission may be carried out.
Members of the Parish Finance Council are appointed by the Pastor on the basis of their expertise in accounting and finance, investment management, fundraising / development, budgeting, and law. The Council is consultative and does not make any decisions. The Pastor is the decisive voice according to what the Council recommends and advises. Members provide the Pastor with recommendations on how to deal with long-term and short-term financial plans and policies governing financial affairs.
Some of the main functions of the Finance Council include but are not limited to:
- Determine, review, and approve the annual budget. The budget is then published as soon as it is available in the parish bulletin and website.
- Review financial statements and make recommendations to address the parish needs and goals and the priorities of the archdiocese.
- Provide financial reports periodically to the parish in accordance with archdiocesan policies.
- Review all contracts in excess of $ 4,000 between the parish and external parties / providers.
- Monitor property and buildings in order to make recommendations in case repairs are necessary.
- Ensure adequate internal controls, records, processes and cash management procedures.
- Monitor compliance to the Archdiocesan Best Practices in Finance and Legal Policies.
- Review financial statements of ministries and make recommendations when necessary.
The Financial Council consists of two branches: the Facilities Management Council and the Budget Council. The Facilities Management Council studies building and property matters and makes recommendations. The Budget Council studies and recommends the parish budget and the annual financial report.
The members have terms of two years which can be renewed at Pastor’s discretion.
- Jairo Rojas (President), Mary Jo Johnson (Secretary)
- Budget Council: Jairo Rojas, Scott Dimarzo, Damian Lora
- Buildings Council: Mary Jo Johnson, David Roling, Rich Klociewicz
Ex Officio Members (Due to their positions)
- Rev. Wilfredo Contreras, Rev. Pawel Duda
We expect to publish the budget and financial report before October 1st.
The Bible Study is held every Wednesday at 7:00 pm at the Saint Vincent room.
100th Anniversary Celebration of the Apparitions of Our Lady of Fatima
The Archdiocese of Miami and the Servants of the Pierced Hearts of Jesus and Mary invite you to the events that will be taking place each 13th of the month from May to October, 2017.
We will make memory of each one of Her apparitions so that we may respond with love to each of her Maternal calls.
October 13th from 4:00 pm - 9:00 pm : Our lady of Guadalupe Parish.
Rite of Christian Initiation for Adults (RCIA)
We invite all the adults 18 years and older that have not received the sacraments of Baptism, Confirmation, & First Communion, to register in our religious education program.
Please contact the Religious Education Office for registrations & more information (954) 971-8780 ext. 204.
31st Annual Respect Life State Conference - Hosted by the Archdiocese of Miami
October 20 -21, 2017 at Weston, FL
Bonaventure Resort & Convention Center
How to play:
Please use the yellow envelopes located in the pews, on the rack in the back of the Church and in the Reception. Place $1.00 in the envelope, write your name and phone number (This is very important). Then, put the envelope in the collection basket in the weekends.
Each week a winner will be drawn and the total amount in the envelopes will be divided equally between the winner and the Church.
Congratulations to the Winner of this week’s 50/50 Drawing!
Ana Roman : $17.00.
***Please pick up your gift as soon as you can. After a month you will lose the opportunity to receive it.***
2017 Archbishop's Charity and Development Drive (ABCD)
Click on above image to view videos
“...Jesus keeps knocking on your door in the faces of our brothers and sisters in the faces of our neighbors, in the faces of those at our side” - Pope Francis
- Goal / Meta: $43,304
- Pledged / Promesas: $39,439
- Pledge Shortage/ Deficit de Compromiso: $3,865
- Cash Received / Cantidad de Dinero Recibido: $29,554
- Cash shortage/ Cantidad de Dinero que Falta: $13,750
We need 77 families to pledge $50 to the ABCD and we will make goal! If you wish to commit, please pick up an ABCD envelope via the ushers.