Twenty-Eighth Sunday in Ordinary Time, October 13, 2019
Online Giving is now available at San Isidro!
Respect Life: 40 Days For Life
September 25 - November 3, 2019
Prayer / Fasting/ Peaceful Vigil / Community Outreach
- Time: 7:00am to 7:00pm
- Place: 7777 N University Dr #102, Tamarac, FL
Vigil on SE corner of NW 78 Street and NW 78th Ave. Park behind the 7731 building in an undesignated parking areas please call for information (954) 684-6433 Bob Bare, leader. email@example.com
Or go to 40daysforlife.com - you can register online if you wish.
God Bless you all. We look forward to seeing there! Come and join us please, your prayers are needed for this most important time, to save babies lives. Many abortion mills are closing because of your faithfulness. Thank God for His love.
Respect Life Baby Bottle Campaign comes to San Isidro
November 2 & 3 drop off bottles / December 7 & 8 Pick up bottles
It's a time for thanksgiving and a time for giving - to our Respect life office for the babies, projects offered include but not limited to: free ultra sounds, counseling, baby items, mommy earn while you learn classes, layettes, baby clothes and various baby items and so much more.
Help save the babies by giving, praying and loving all God's children. Volunteers always welcome call for more information.
God Bless you all for your kindness, prayers and generosity.
Make an appointment to visit the RL Office to see what we offer (954) 977-7769.
“The harvest is abundant but the laborers are few” Mt 9:37
Sunday, October 20, 2019.
All day after the Masses in the Parish Hall Come and see the different ministries we offer at San Isidro.
We invite all Parishioners to participate in our “Hallo” (which means HOLY) “Ween” (which means EVE) celebration for your kids, grandkids, nieces and nephews on Thursday, October 31st.
- All the children must dress-up as their favorite saint, an angel or as a saint from your country of origin.
- If you go to the 6pm Mass in English the “Trick or Treat will be after the Mass at 6:45 pm in the parking lot.
- Mass in English begins at 6PM (Remember this is a holy day of obligation as it is the Vigil of the Solemnity of All Saints.)
- We invite all the parishioners to bring candy for the kids as they will come by your car where you are parked for Trick or Treating at 6:45pm.
- A prize will be given for the best costume.
- We want to thank all of you for helping make this a HOLY and SAFE Halloween experience for the children of the Parish.
Men’s Walk to Emmaus Retreat
November 1 – 3, 2019
- Are you ready for a peaceful weekend without life's stress and noise?
- Do you want to strengthen your relationships with your family, wife, children, and friends?
- Have you been searching, but not quite sure what you’re searching for?
- Do you want to make friendships that will last a lifetime?
- Are you ready for an event that will change the course of your relationship with Jesus Christ?
What is the Walk to Emmaus
Through a series of spiritual presentations, exercises, and Fraternity you will experience yourself in a profound way . Be prepared to have your eyes opened liked never before.
Cost and Registration
- $150 includes Hotel, Meals and Program.
- Don’t let cost keep you away. We can help!
- Go to: www.mhocrc.org/emmaus-mens to register online.
- You can also submit payment online or by check at the Mary Help of Christians Parish Office
- Registration deadline is Monday, October 21, 2019
Where and When?
Mary Help of Christians Parish
5980 N university Drive
Parkland, FL 33067
- Hotel accommodations are provided a few miles from the Parish.
- The Retreat starts Friday evening, Nov. 1st and ends Sunday, Nov. 3rd.
- Transportation is provided between the Parish and the hotel.
For more information contact James Schumaker: (954) 770-2549, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Thanks to the generosity of the community of San Isidro, we are able to reach families in need. We need drivers to deliver food every week as much as your monetary contribution. You can make a difference in people's lives and serve the Lord.
If you are aware of Parishioners in need or want to serve in this Ministry, please call (954) 978-2302.
Pope Francis’ Intentions for the month of October 2019
A Missionary "Spring" in the Church
That the breath of the Holy Spirit engender a new missionary "spring" in the Church.
Healing and Salvation
The readings today speak of healing and salvation. In Second Kings, Naaman, a commander of the army of the king of Syria, develops leprosy. He goes to a stranger, a prophet from Israel, when no one else can cure his disease. Much to his surprise, after a simple bath in the river, he is cured. In Luke’s Gospel, Jesus cures ten lepers and sends them to the priest. Only one, a Samaritan, returns to thank Jesus for his cure and only he hears the words, “Your faith has saved you.” The psalm and Timothy remind us that salvation involves justice, kindness, and faithfulness and forever links us with Jesus.
In a world as broken as ours, both healing and salvation are necessary.
As Jesus continued his journey to Jerusalem, he traveled through Samaria and Galilee. As he was entering a village, ten lepers met him. They stood at a distance from him and raised their voices, saying, ʺJesus, Master! Have pity on us!ʺ And when he saw them, he said, ʺGo show yourselves to the priests.ʺ
As they were going they were cleansed. And one of them, realizing he had been healed, returned, glorifying God in a loud voice; and he fell at the feet of Jesus and thanked him. He was a Samaritan.
Jesus said in reply, ʺTen were cleansed, were they not? Where are the other nine? Has none but this foreigner returned to give thanks to God?ʺ Then he said to him, ʺStand up and go; your faith has saved you."
October 6, 2019
- 1st Collection: $10,982.00
- 2nd Collection: $2,184.00
- Online Giving (Offertory): $530.00
- Online Giving (Building Fund): $295.00
- Total Collection: $13,991.00
The second collection is designated for the maintenance Church and the parish buildings.