Second Sunday in Lent, March 17, 2019
Online Giving is now available at San Isidro!
Stations of the Cross
- In English
- 6:00pm in the Church
- Every Friday
Fasting and Abstinence
Ash Wednesday and Good Friday are mandatory days of fasting and abstinence. Fridays of Lent are obligatory days of abstinence from meat. Fasting applies for those between the ages of 18 to 59 years. During the fast, you are allowed to eat a full meal and two additional smaller meals, but they are not to be equivalent to a full meal. In the United States, abstinence from meat is obligatory for those over 14 years old.
Rite of Election
On Sunday, March 10, our Catechumens assisted the Rite of Election which took place at St. Mary’s Cathedral with Archbishop Thomas Wenski presiding.
Congratulations to our Elect!
Erasmo Andrade, Mia Gallardo, Elizabeth Granadillo, Katherine Molina, Fernanda Mora, Litzy Murillo, Juan Perello, Yesenia Perez,Denoman Pineda, Orlando Pineda, Stefany Santos, Jose Solorzano, Soraya Viera.
Father Tomasz will hear confession after the weekday Mass, especially on Fridays until 9:00pm.
Fish Fry - Hosted by Life Teen
Delicious dinner of fried fish and a variety of accompaniments each Friday night during Lent, from 6:30pm to 9:30pm in the Parish Hall.
Everyone is invited. Bring your family and friends. * There will be no sale on Good Friday.
Lenten Mission In English
- Day: Monday, March 11, 2019
- Place: Mass and Mission in the Chapel
- Time: 7:00pm Mass, 7:30pm Lenten Mission
- Talk: Deacon Vince Eberling
- Tuesday, March 12th
- 7:00pm - Mass in English in the Chapel
- 7:30 - 9:00pm - Taizé in the Church Bi-lingual
- Wednesday, March 13th
- 7:00pm - Mass in English in the Chapel
- 7:30 - 9:00pm Service in the Church Bi-lingual
9th Annual Archdiocese of Miami Catholic Men’s Conference
Saturday, March 23, 2019 at Nativity Church, Hollywood.
To Register Online go to: www.miamicatholicmen.com
Pope Francis’ Intentions for the month of March 2019
Recognition of the Right of Christian Communities
That Christian communities, especially those who are persecuted, feel that they are close to Christ and have their rights respected.
Thanks to the generosity of the community of San Isidro, we are able to reach families in need. We need drivers to deliver food every week as much as your monetary contribution. You can make a difference in people’s lives and serve the Lord.
If you are aware of Parishioners in need or want to serve in this Ministry, please call (954) 978-2302.
Jesus took Peter, John, and James and went up the mountain to pray. While he was praying his face changed in appearance and his clothing became dazzling white. And behold, two men were conversing with him, Moses and Elijah, who appeared in glory and spoke of his exodus that he was going to accomplish in Jerusalem.
Peter and his companions had been overcome by sleep, but becoming fully awake, they saw his glory and the two men standing with him. As they were about to part from him, Peter said to Jesus, ʺMaster, it is good that we are here; let us make three tents, one for you, one for Moses, and one for Elijah.ʺ But he did not know what he was saying.
While he was still speaking, a cloud came and cast a shadow over them, and they became frightened when they entered the cloud. Then from the cloud came a voice that said, ʺThis is my chosen Son; listen to him.ʺ After the voice had spoken, Jesus was found alone.
They fell silent and did not at that time tell anyone what they had seen.
Message from the Archdiocese
- Every Penny Helps! Remember to Give- From the Heart this Year and Share the Light of Christ. Visit, www.isupportabcd.org, to make a gift now.
- You can have an everlasting influence on the lives of so many in our parish. Please contact your attorney and instruct him/her to include a bequest for our parish in your will. For more information, contact the rectory or call the Office of Planned Giving at (305) 762-1110.
- “I am the Lord who brought you from Ur of the Chaldeans to give you this land as a possession.” (Genesis 15:7)
- Just as the Lord gave Abraham, Moses and the Israelites a land to possess, He has also given each of us a home. Whether your home is grand or humble, it is a gift from God. Abraham prepared a great sacrifice to the Lord in gratitude for the home God gave him. How do you show your gratitude to God for the home He has given you? Do you make a sacrifice of any kind? Do you show you gratefulness to God by investing equally in your eternal home just as you do in your earthly home?
Archbishop's Charities and Development Drive (ABCD)
Our Goal: $47, 774
Campaign Status as of 3/1/2019.
- Goal: $47,774.00
- Total Pledged & Received: $52,697.00
- Over Goal: $4,923.00
Thanks to our San Isidro community, we have reached and surpassed our goal! However, we are still looking for donors who have not contributed for 2019 (last year we had 400, this year only 200). We have reached a critical point and hope that everyone will pay their pledges, and that more donations are sent in. Any future donations to the ABCD now goes to the parish.
March 9 - 10, 2019
- 1st Collection: $16, 221.00
- 2nd Collection: $2,768.00
- Online Giving (Offertory): $622.00
- Online Giving (Building Fund): $452.00
- Total Collection: $20,063.00
The second collection is dedicated to the maintenance of the Church and buildings.